Client Sales and Marketing Manager
Longleaf Publishing Services
Longleaf Services seeks a motivated, organized, and execution-oriented Client Sales and Marketing Manager to provide outstanding service to our client presses and key partners. The ideal candidate will have a background in publishing or bookselling and an interest in the more technical side of the business. We are seeking someone with a positive attitude, who is able to multi-task and juggle a variety of priorities, each with multiple stakeholders. Strong communication and project management skills are a must.
- Facilitate the exchange of sales and marketing materials and metadata from client presses to third parties, including: CoreSource, Edelweiss, the sales consortium, and sub-rights contacts
- Act as primary contact for client presses the sales consortium and sub-rights contacts
- Create and distribute seasonal catalogs and rights guides
- Collate and distribute weekly publicity updates
- Work with client presses to develop a centralized set of services to improve the reach and efficiency of academic, trade, and rights conferences
- Attend pertinent conferences and training sessions, as needed
- Work closely with Longleaf Marketing on a variety of initiatives to aid the client presses in their marketing and sales efforts
- Work as needed with Longleaf customer service to ensure a high level of service on issues that touch both departments
- 3+ years experience in book marketing, sales, or publicity.
- A strong knowledge of bookselling and/or the publishing industry.
- Ability to both work independently and collaboratively with a team.
- Experience with the Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with book metadata standards and ONIX preferred
The position reports to the Executive Director of Longleaf Publishing Services. Interested candidates should email their resume, cover letter, potential start date, and salary requirements to: HR@longleafservices.org
Applications will be reviewed beginning August 14, 2017.
Longleaf Services values diversity, equity, and inclusion in word and deed. Our work reflects a commitment to engaging diverse voices and experiences. Similarly, we value a workplace that welcomes different perspectives to enhance the quality of our decision making as we carry out our work. We are strategically engaged in creating and enhancing policies and practices that will attract, retain, and develop a staff that is diverse along many dimensions.
LONGLEAF SERVICES IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D/V